New Venture Championship
April 13, 2019
NVC's mission is to develop skilled and knowledgeable entrepreneurial leaders who are able to present their ideas in concise and thoughtful ways, be open to construction, and adapt to the ever-changing business environment.
The New Venture Championship (NVC) is presented annually by the University of Oregonís Lundquist College of Business. It is the original six-round business competition for graduate students. NVC has evolved into the premiere international entrepreneurial investment competition since it was founded in 1992.
The competition takes place in Portland, Oregon every spring. Teams from around the world and the United States present and defend their business plans to a panel of esteemed judges for valuable feedback and a chance to win over $60,000 in cash prizes. All NVC competitors receive cash awards and advice from Northwest business entrepreneurs and executives to help their goals flourish. The 16 accepted teams have an opportunity to share their ventures and grow as both entrepreneurs and students.
Competition is composed of the following phases:
- Best-Written Plan
- Start-Up Round
- Trade Show
- The Elevator Pitch
- Semifinal Round
- Final Round
- OEN Lightning Round Competition
- November 29, 2018: Intent to compete submissions open
- February 6, 2019: Intent to compete/qualifying summary deadline
- February 7-March 11, 2019: NVC qualifying round judging
- March 12, 2019: Announcement of semifinalist teams
- April 1, 2019: Semifinalist final submission deadline
- April 11-13, 2019: New Venture Championship
- 1st Place: Northwestern University
- 2nd Place: Oklahoma State University
University Of Oregon
UNIVERSITY OF TSUKUBAGeorgia Institute of Technology, Harvard University, Purdue University, University of Arizona, University of Notre Dame
Final Round Prizes
$25,000 First Place
$10,000 Second Place
$2,000 for each of the two Runner Ups.